-

Thursday, July 15, 2021

PHRASAL VERBS: GROUP 5

-

 

Group 5 - Other Particles

 

 

go  through               

The railway goes through lots of tunnels. 

Đường sắt đi qua rất nhiều đường hầm.          

go  round   

There are bulls in the field. Lets go round it.               Có nhiều con bò đực trên cánh đồng này. Hãy đi vòng quanh đồng.                                          

go  across  

We went across the river by boat.

Chúng tôi qua sông bằng thuyền.         

go  over      

The road goes over the top of the mountain. 

Con đường đi qua đỉnh núi. 

go  under   

The small plane dipped slightly to go under the clouds.   

Chiếc máy bay nhỏ hơi chúi xuống để đi dưới những đám mây.                                

go  past      

The railway goes past lots of beautiful places.    

Đường sắt đi qua rất nhiều địa điểm đẹp.    

go  by          

Time goes by so fast!    

Thời gian trôi qua quá nhanh!

go  forwards             

Go forwards a little bit more and you’ll be in the parking space.

Đi về phía trước một chút nữa và bạn sẽ đến chỗ đậu xe.      

go  backwards         

When I’m driving I prefer not to go backwards.           

go  along                    

The path goes along the river for 3km.  

                                               

                                               

come  across  

Yesterday I came across someone's wallet in the street.               

run  after     

I ran after the man who took my wallet but I couldn't catch him.               

look  after     

Who will look after the cats while you are on holiday?   

name  after     

This building is named after the founder of the university.          

be  apart    

When we are apart we call every day.   

take __ apart    

I like taking apart computers and putting them back together again.       

fall  apart    

My car is really old - I’m worried it might fall apart!          

look  forward to         

I am looking forward to my holiday next week. 

fall  over      

My son has just started to walk, but he falls over all the time.                                                    

get  over      

It took him three years to get over his divorce. He was really upset.        

go  over      

I have gone over this topic three times. I don't want to do it again.          

hand __over     

They finally handed over the money after hours of negotiation.               

knock __over   

Be careful - don't knock over any of the glasses.               

roll  over      

He rolled over and kissed her on the cheek.       

stop  over      

We stopped over in Singapore on our way to Australia. 

take  over      

Trump took over from Obama in January 2017. 

think __over     

I'll think it over and get back to you in a few days.            

turn __ over      

Please do not turn over your tests until I say so.               

turn  over      

The boat turned over in the storm.         

look  around

On the first day we looked around the town.     

get  around

I think the subway is the best way to get around the city.            

mess  around

Our teacher gets angry when we mess around during lessons.  

turn __ around

It takes a long time to turn a big ship around.     

turn  round   

I think we are going the wrong way. We should turn round.        

get through to         

I called her three times but I didn't get through.               

go  through               

I went through a lot of pain and suffering to get this far.

be  together             

They have been together for three years.           

get  together             

My family gets together every Christmas.           

put __ together             

I took my phone apart but I couldn't put it together again!          

get  along     

My colleagues and I get along very well.               

 

www.learnenglishteam.com

No comments: