-

Friday, July 9, 2021

PHRASAL VERBS - Group 1 - Directions

-

 

Group 1 - Directions

 

Breathe in 

Air goes into your lungs when you breathe in.

Come in

The President came in and everyone stood up.

Fall in *

The dog slipped and fell into the river.

Get in *

He got in the car and drove away.

Go in

I’m scared. I don’t want to go in.

Move in

We will move into our new flat next week.

Break in

Someone broke into my flat and stole my TV and my wife’s jewellery.

Get in

Russians can’t get into Europe without a Schengen visa

Check in

You can check in any time after 14:00

Log in

I can’t log into my account because I have forgotten my password.

Sign in

We have to sign in when get to work.

let  ___ in

The security guard didn’t let me in because I didn’t have any ID.

put __ in *

Please put the cups in the cupboard.

 

 

* you don’t need to use ‘to’ in these cases. Get in the car. Put it in the box. He fell in the pool.

 

 

Breathe out

Air goes out of your lungs when you breathe out.

Fall out

We have window bars so that the children don’t fall out of the window.

Get out

They took the photo when she was getting out of the car.

Go out 

Do you mind if I go out for a cigarette?

Keep out

You should keep out of the forest. It is dangerous.

Move out

I want to move out of my parents house when I get a job.

Check out

You must check out before 11:00.

Sign out

We have to sign out when we leave the office.

cut __ out

Draw three circles and cut them out.

get __ out

My leg is stuck and I can’t get it out!

let __ out

Who let the dogs out?

take __ out

It’s my job to take out the rubbish.

take __ out

Please take everything out of your bag.

take __ out

Where’s the bank? I need to take out some money.

throw __ out

We don’t need this anymore. Let’s throw it out.


Get up

I usually get up at 8am on weekdays.

Go up

I am lazy so I prefer to go up to the third floor in the lift.

Go up

I think prices will go up next year, so it is better to buy it now.

Hurry up

We will miss the train if you don’t hurry up.

Fill up

I need to go to the petrol station to fill up.

Speed up

You can speed up now - we are on a fast road.

Stand up

Everyone should stand up when the President enters the room.

Warm up

We sat by the fire to warm up.

fill __ up

Pass me your cup and I will fill it up.

heat __ up

If it is too cold you can heat it up in the microwave.

pick __ up

Please pick up all the toys and put them in the box.

put __ up

We usually put up our Christmas decorations on the 24th.

speed __ up

I deleted lots of programmes to speed up my computer.

turn __ up

I can’t hear the music. Please turn it up.

 

 

www.learnenglishteam.com

No comments: