-

Thursday, July 15, 2021

PHRASAL VERBS: GROUP 4

-

 

Group 4 - Random Particles 

= Các tiểu từ bất kỳ

 

believe in

I believed in Santa until I was 9.

turn into

It's hard to believe that a caterpillar can turn into a butterfly.     

turn __ into

She is a great cook. She can turn simple ingredients into great food.

go off   

The chicken has gone off. We can’t eat it.

pay off

I worked hard all year and it paid off - I did very well in the exam.

print __ off        

I need to get to school early today to print off some worksheets.            

show off

I can’t stand people who show off all the time. 

tell __ off

I was a naughty child. My teachers used to tell me off all the time.

 

work on              

I am working on a couple of projects at the moment.     

 

check __ out

I want to check out the new cafe - I've heard that the food is great!

chill out               

I like to chill out and do nothing on Sundays.      

fall out

I’ve fallen out with my friend. We aren’t talking at the moment.              

 

catch up

Look how far ahead they are. We will never catch up.    

catch up with

It was hard for me to catch up with my class after I missed 3 lessons.      

come up

I have to work hard because my exams are coming up. 

come up to

I don’t like it when people come up to me in the street.               

end up

I only went into the shop to have a look and I ended up spending £90.

look __ up          

If you don’t know a word you can look it up in the dictionary.     

make __ up

My children are brilliant at making up stories      

meet up

I’m coming to London next week. Let’s meet up!            

mix __ up

I always mix up two of the boys in my class. They look really similar.

save up               

I am saving up to buy a new laptop.        

set __ up

I’ve decided to set up a meeting between my sister and my colleague. 

sign up for

Lots of people have signed up for the free English course.

take up

We had to throw out the old TV because it took up too much space.      

put up with

I don't like my room but I'll put up with it. It's only for a week.   

 

No comments: