-

Friday, July 9, 2021

PHRASAL VERBS - Group 1 - Directions (continued)

-

 Group 1 - Directions (continued)

 

 

fall down             

After they were hit on 9/11, both of the Twin Towers fell down.



go down              

I want to buy one but I am waiting for the price to go down.



go down              

I went down to open the door because our intercom wasn’t working.

lie down               

I want to lie down. I don’t feel well.

sit down               

Let’s sit down. The food is almost ready.

calm down          

When someone gets less angry, stressed or scared they calm down.

cool down           

I need to go outside to cool down.

slow down          

Everyone slowed down to look at the accident.

calm __ down    

His teammates tried to calm him down before he did something stupid.

cool __ down     

I’m so hot! I need a drink to cool me down.

knock __ down 

The government wants to knock down my house to build a new road.

put __ down      

Put me down! I don’t want you to carry me any more.

slow __ down    

Please slow down the video - I want to look more closely.

take __ down  

We usually take down our Christmas decorations at the end of January.

turn __ down    

The music is too loud. Please turn it down.

                               

get  on           

I usually get on the bus at this stop.

step on           

Be careful - don’t step on any dog poo.

hang __ on           

Can you hang these lights on the tree

have __ on           

When I saw him he didn’t have any shoes on.

put __ on           

He put on his coat and walked out.

put __   on           

Please put the glasses on the table.                       

try __ on              

I always try on clothes before I buy them

               

fall off          

I broke my arm when I fell off my bicycle.

get off          

Get ready! We need to get off at the next stop.

jump off          

I was too scared to jump off the bridge with my friends.

take __ off          

He took off his coat and sat down.

knock __ off          

The cat knocked the books off the shelf.

                               

get away     

The rabbit didn’t get away from the wolf.

go away     

I want to go away for a couple of days. I’m tired of this city.

run away     

The children ran away when the dog started barking.

give __ away     

I want to give away this furniture.

put __ away     

I always put away my winter clothes in April.

take __ away     

The police grabbed the man and took him away.

throw __ away     

I had to throw away the tomatoes because they were rotten.

                               

come back            

We’ll miss you. Come back soon!

get back               

What time will you get back?

go back               

I will never go back there. It’s a terrible place!

bring __ back     

You can take it home but you must bring it back tomorrow.

call __ back         

I’m busy now. Can you call me back later?

get __ back         

My car has been stolen and I don’t expect to get it back.

give __ back       

You can borrow this pen if you give it back at the end of the lesson.

pay __ back        

When will you pay back the money I lent you last week?

 

 

put __ back        

When you’ve finished reading put the book back where you found it.

take __ back      

I need to take these books back to the library.

 

 

 

www.learnenglishteam.com

No comments: